Invisalign Treatment San Jose, CA
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a treatment that gently moves teeth into place using clear plastic aligner trays instead of conventional metal braces. The trays are worn in a series over time to create a beautiful smile. Invisalign clear aligners are a popular alternative to traditional braces, and do not have any brackets or wires. They are discreet and are comfortable when worn, and do not cause any mouth or gum irritation. Invisalign trays are worn anywhere between 20-22 hours a day. The time worn each day depends on the patient’s treatment plan and the level of correction needed.
Clear aligners are easily removable for drinking and eating, and have a blue indicator to let patients know when they have worn the trays for the required amount of time each day. The blue indicator is great for teens using the clear aligners, and helps parents know if their child has worn the trays for the correct amount of time.
Who is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Having that beautiful straight smile is important, and we want our patients to be proud of their smile. A smile is the first thing you see, and our team at New Earth Dental will listen to each patient’s goals to ensure we get you the results you desire.
Clear aligners are a popular choice for both teens and adults. This treatment helps if you have overcrowding, chewing, or overbite issues. Older teens and adults can follow instructions daily and ensure the trays are worn for the required amount of time. On average this treatment takes between 6-18 months, and this is comparable to the treatment time for traditional braces. During our consultation process we will discuss each patient’s age, level of correction, and smile goals to help choose which orthodontic treatment is best.
What are the Benefits of Clear Aligners?
- The clear aligner trays can be easily removed for eating and drinking.
- There are fewer food restrictions compared to other treatments.
- The aligners can be easily cleaned or rinsed.
- They are smooth and comfortable, and do not cause any gum or mouth irritation.
- The clear aligners are easy to remove to play sports or a musical instrument.
- This treatment builds confidence and improve self-esteem.
- Clear aligners are a discreet treatment and have no brackets or wires.